Monday, March 23, 2015

Burying Broken Dreams



Woman: You didn’t find love again?

Man: I thought I did, but was it – is it ever, really?

Woman: Were you married?

Man: Once…

Woman: Did you love her?

Man: I thought I did, but I can’t quite remember.

Woman: You got married, and don’t remember if you loved her or not?

Man: And you - were you ever married?

Woman: No.

Man: Then how would you know what it’s like?

Woman: I just assumed…

Man: Omnia vincit amor…

Woman: Carpe Diem, Tempus fugit… I know it’s Latin…

Man: Love conquers all. That’s what I thought, but it doesn’t. At least for me, it didn’t. The bottom line is I never should have been married…

Woman: Should I ask, why?

Man: Because it never fills the void.  

Woman: And what void would that be?

Man: Substituting love for a broken dream.




No comments:

Post a Comment